Hello, my name is Hannah Holzer and I am a journalist currently studying at the University of California, Davis. I am currently the Campus News Editor for The California Aggie, the official newspaper of UC Davis. Previously, I was a features writer for The Aggie and a contributing writer for the Granite Bay Gazette, the largest high school paper in the nation, for two years. During my last year at The Gazette, I was one of three co-editors-in-chief. My writing for The Gazette is viewable here. I was also a contributing writer for Fresh U; my work for this publication is viewable here.
Where I have been published: The Granite Bay Gazette, Fresh U, The United State of Women, The California Aggie.
Journalism awards I have received for my writing:
- First place award from the California Press Women in the News category for the 2016 High School Communications Contest (2016)
- Honorable Mention in the newswriting category for the national competition from the Federation of Press Women
- Second Place award from the Journalism Education Association of Northern California for NEWSPUB news story
- Honorable mention from the Journalism Education Association of Northern California for NEWSPUB newspaper front page design (2016)
- Honorable mention from the Journalism Education Association of Northern California for NEWSPUB general feature story (2016)
- Granite Bay High School Publications Department Award (2016)
- First place for the California Newspaper Publishers Association’s Better Newspapers Contest for news enterprise story for the article “Technology’s Effect on Communication” (2016)
- Collective effort, first place winner in General Excellence category for the 2015 Gazettes published, as acknowledged by the California Newspaper Publishers Association
- Tied for third in the annual Journalism Education Association of Northern California’s (JEANC) Journalist of the Year competition (2016)
- “Rookie of the Year” award from The Granite Bay Gazette staff (2015)